Are you looking for a motorcycle intercom that allows you to talk to your passenger and more?
This article may be what you’re looking for.
I tried the new Cardo Freecom 2 Plus motorcycle intercom, and today I’ll discuss its features, prices, and give you my opinion.
Are you ready? Let’s begin!
Cardo Freecom 2 Plus: Full Review
The Cardo Freecom 2 Plus is the evolution of the Freecom 2, a motorcycle intercom that allows you to communicate not only with your passenger but also with another rider.
Why choose Cardo Freecom 2+
Compared with its little brother Freecom 1+, and its predecessor Freecom 2, it gains a range of 500m.
A feature that makes it a fascinating device, for example, for a couple of friends who often ride together.
Its main features are:
- Option to talk to a passenger or another pilot within a 500m radius
- universal connection with other Bluetooth intercom systems
- Option to listen to and share your favorite songs, or FM radio, with another user
- Option to hear directions from your navigation systems
- Option to share a phone call
The Freecom 2 Plus is a fully waterproof intercom IP67 certified.
Its design has been slightly revised but mostly “thinned,” now 16mm thick.
What you will find in the box
In your Cardo Freecom 2+ package, you will find:
- intercom Freecom 2 +
- a hybrid arm microphone
- full face helmet microphone
- mounting accessories
- sled attachment
- adhesive attachment
- battery charger
With the upgrade and the addition of the “+,” this Cardo intercom model family can finally provide you the option to communicate with another rider in a 500m max radius.
If you’re looking for more performance, check out its older siblings, Freecom 4+ and Packtalk Bold and Slim.
The 40mm diameter earphones offer excellent audio quality, and the automatic volume adjustment system based on background noise or cruising speed is handy.
Its audio quality remains excellent and understandable up to about 100-110 km/h.
You can listen to your music and share it with your passenger or another rider.
Furthermore, music and directions travel on two parallel channels, allowing you to keep listening to your playlists while receiving directions from your navigation systems.
A very convenient feature when traveling.
If you are a music lover, you can now purchase speakers designed by JBL in collaboration with Cardo.
They are 45mm in diameter compared to the 40mm diameter of the standard ones and promise an unparalleled experience.
As always, your helmet, the position of your visor, and the speed at which you ride all significantly affect soundproofing and therefore the perceived audio quality.
The Freecom 2+ battery is always the same, lasting 13h in use and 1 week in standby.
Lasting 13h, you can use your intercom weekly without recharging
Its battery life could be better, if we consider that its direct competitors Midland BTX2 Pro and Interphone Active last more than 20 hours.
Main features and functions
- Audio quality: good up to 100 km/h
- Communication range: 500m
- Number of users connected: 2 (rider-passenger or rider-rider)
- Communication type: intercom between rider and passenger
- Battery life: 13h talk time, up to 1000h standby time
- Charging time: 3 hours
- A2DP/AVRCP: yes
- Song Sharing: yes
- Automatic volume adjustment: yes
- VOX technology: yes
- iOS and Android app: yes
- Waterproof: yes (IP67 certified)
Pros and Cons
- Parallel audio, i.e. for music and directions (multitasking audio)
- music and FM radio sharing
- 500m range
- there’s no option to control the intercom entirely through voice commands (almost all direct competitors released in 2019 provide this feature)
To whom it is addressed
Cardo Freecom 2+ is aimed at those who travel with their passenger and those who, perhaps without a passenger, like to take weekend rides with a friend on two different bikes.
If you are part of a larger rider company or looking for more features, check out its bigger brothers, Freecom 4+ and Packtalk Bold or Slim.
Interphone Cardo Freecom 2 +: instructions
This intercom, just like all intercoms available on the market, can be easily installed on any type of helmet.
For more tutorials, please check the official Cardo page.
If you want to download the Cardo Freecom 2+ instruction manual, click here: user guide.