Are you looking for a headset to listen to music while on your bike, to communicate with your passenger, with a friend riding another motorcycle, or to get directions from your satnav navigator in complete safety?
Well, you’re in the right place!
I’m Filippo, Bluetooth helmet intercoms expert, and I have helped more than 10,000 people choose the best motorcycle headset.
In this article, we will discuss the best 5 helmet headsets for communicating while riding a motorcycle, organized by price range.
You will find the perfect motorcycle earbuds if you read this guide all the way through. The
results are guaranteed!
Are you ready? Let’s begin!
What are the absolute best motorcycle Bluetooth earbuds?
Many riders who visit Interfonomoto.com always ask me the same question:
“Filippo, what are the best motorcycle earbuds?”
…And you’re probably wondering the same thing right now, right?
I have bad news: there is no universal parameter for determining the best headset.
Those who tell you that it isn’t true, either do not know what they are saying or aren’t as savvy as those who have worked in this field for years.
The good news is that while no intercom is universally better than others, there is one that is perfect for you!
So, before you discover the best motorcycle Bluetooth earbuds, I would ask you to answer these three questions:
- Will you use the intercom to communicate only with your passenger or with other bike riders?
- If your answer is the latter, how large is usually the group you hang out with? 3, 5, 10, or more people?
- What is your budget?
Once you answer these questions, you will be more open-minded and better prepared to evaluate the options listed below.
What are the best Bluetooth motorcycle earbuds by price range?
Here we come to the most interesting part of the article.
In this list, we decided to list the best 5 Bluetooth motorcycle earbuds divided by price range.
|Helmet earbud||Communication range||Price|
|Sena 20s||1200m between 2 riders||Check it on Amazon|
|Midland BTX1 Pro||300m between 2 drivers||NOT AVAILABLE|
|Interphone Sport||1000m between 4 riders||NOT AVAILABLE|
|Interphone Tour||1500m between 4 riders||NOT AVAILABLE|
|Excelvan||2000m between 8 riders||NOT AVAILABLE|
Now let’s review each motorcycle headset by analyzing its pros and cons.
Sena 20S is one of the flagships of the U.S. company specializing in Bluetooth communications.
“But why does it cost so much?” You may ask.
The Sena 20S Bluetooth headset allows you to communicate with up to 8 people within a maximum radius of 2km, has a really top-notch build quality (it is one of the really reliable helmet headsets), and the functionality and design are really at a high level.
In short, I only recommend it if you have a budget over 400€ and need to communicate with 8 users.
- Audio quality: very good up to 130 km/h
- Communication range: 2000m
- Number of connected users: 8
- Communication type: one-to-one intercom and conference for up to 8 people
- Battery life: up to 13 hours of use and 10 days standby time
- Charging time: n.d.
- Universal intercom: yes
- FM radio: yes
- Music sharing: yes
- Automatic volume adjustment: yes
- Volume adjustment for each function: yes
- Voice control: yes
- Helmet compatibility: Universal
- Waterproof: yes
If you are looking for a motorcycle intercom, but your budget is limited to 100€, then Excelvan is the right device.
It is a motorcycle Bluetooth earbud designed for riders and passengers who wish to communicate with each other during a ride. It offers a fairly long range (1,200m) and allows communication between 2 people (rider-rider or rider-passenger).
In short, it is the ultimate inexpensive Bluetooth intercom.
I recommend it only if you have a budget of less than 100€. Otherwise better to opt for intercoms from more reliable manufacturers.
- Working speed: up to 120 KM/H sound quality good
- Range: up to 1200m between 2 riders
- Battery life: 100h standby, up to 8h in talk time
- Charging time: 3h
- Type of communication: one-to-one (like a phone call)
- Features: option to connect to navigator and Mp3, noise suppression, automatic call answering, waterproof shell, option to pair up to 6 intercoms, including your own.
Midland BTX1 Pro
Midland BTX1 Pro is one of the best motorcycle headsets for value for money. It allows you to talk not only with your passenger but also with a rider.
The audio is virtually flawless, and Midland‘s build quality and reliability justify the higher price than Excelvan.
In conclusion, I think it is a simple but reliable product. I recommend it if you only communicate with your passenger (or with a friend riding another bike), and your budget is limited to 200€.
- Working speed: up to 120 km/h, good audio quality
- Range: 300m
- Battery life: up to 30h of claimed talk time
- Communication type: pilot-passenger, pilot-pilot
- Features: Universal compatibility(communicates with other brand devices), radio with 6 stations slots, Mp3 playback, music sharing, background satnav feature, option to connect 2 cell phones to one intercom, waterproof shell, automatic volume, noise suppression, status voice messages, VOX feature, compatible with Midland BT Remote Pro (optional).
Cellular Line Sport is great for all types of
Interphone Sport is for you whether you are a travel lover, a “weekend rider,” or if you only use your bike for short urban trips.
TYes, thanks to its features (battery life, range, and reliability), it is the ideal companion for everyone in all possible scenarios: cities, trips, and
I wouldn’t recommend it for those who are used to traveling with more than 4 friends (since it does not allow connection with more than 4 users).
- Working speed: up to 120 KM/H sound quality good
- Communication range: up to 1 km
- Battery life: up to 15h talk time and 1000h standby time
- Charging time: about 3 hours
- Communication type: conference between 4 riders, or between 2 motorcycles with rider-passenger
- Features: satnav and MP3 pairing, radio reception, rider and passenger music sharing, driving voice messages, VOX function, Anycom feature that makes it compatible with intercoms of other brands, option to save a phone number to be called back with an intercom command, noise cancellation and automatic volume adjustment, incoming and outgoing call handling, waterproof, quick release system of the control unit, Bluetooth 4.2. technology, and automatic reconnection between devices when pairing with other users are lost.
If you enjoy long rides, you need a faithful partner who can keep you company as you speed on the asphalt.
Cellular Line Interphone Tour is the perfect Bluetooth motorcycle headset for long trips.
Thanks to its virtually infinite battery life (over 1,000 hours in standby and 20 hours in intercom mode), it is a reliable travel companion (Cellular Line‘s home warranty). It also allows you to communicate with 4 riders.
In short, I recommend it if you need motorcycle helmet earbuds to keep you company on long trips. On the other hand, it’s “too much” if you only use the bike for short trips around town.
Main features and functions
- Working speed: up to 130 KM/H sound quality good
- Communication range: up to 1500m
- Battery life: 1000h standby, up to 20h of use
- Charging time: 80% in about an hour
- Communication type: conference between 4 bikes, or between 2 bikes with rider-passenger
- Functions: satnav and MP3 pairing, radio function, rider and passenger music sharing, phone call sharing with passenger, driving voice messages, VOX function, Anycom function that allows communication with intercoms of other brands, Genius Pairing function that pairs two or more intercoms, ability to store a phone number to be called back with an intercom command, noise cancellation and automatic volume adjustment, dual volume adjustment for jet and full-face helmets, call management capability, waterproof, quick release system for the control unit, Bluetooth 4.2 and automatic reconnection between devices when you get back in range.
Here we come to the end of this long article.
Have you decided yet? Have you found the perfect Bluetooth motorcycle headset for you?
Do you have any question? Leave a comment below. We will get back to you within 24 hours! 🙂